Prepare Yourself to Apply!
Visit the individual PharmCAS School
Pages for valuable information on the application process
and requirements for all participating colleges and schools.
These pages provide concise summaries of the unique features
offered by individual programs and important application deadlines,
and include contact information and links to each institution's
website. Launch the pages by selecting an institution's name
in any of the PharmCAS
Things to Consider When Choosing a Pharmacy College or School
The following is a listing of things to consider when choosing a Pharmacy College or School. It is not all inclusive, but will help to start your search for the programs that will fit you the best. It is up to you to decide which factors are the most important in your decision on where to apply.
- Location - How far are you willing to relocate?
- Cost - What can you afford? Private vs. Public? In-state vs. Out-of-state?
- Class Size - In what environment do you learn best?
- What is the accreditation status of the program? Pharmacy institutions are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). Students must graduate from an ACPE accredited program to be eligible to practice pharmacy in the U.S. For more information about accreditation, go to our Accreditation Information page.
- Does the program offer dual degrees? Will you be able to develop other interests that compliment your pharmacy education while you pursue it?
- Curricular Innovations - What unique teaching techniques are employed to help you learn the pharmacy curriculum?